For Hannah's birthday this year we got her a bounce house (mini-moonwalk) from Wal-Mart. $150.00. And let me tell you that was the best $150.00 we have spent yet! She runs around and jumps in this thing for about an hour and then crashes for two or three! We love it and would recommend one to anyone who has small children! So when our friends came over for lunch today (there were 6 kids in the house) it was only natural to get the bounce house out to entertain.
They had a blast and with the weather so dry lately, their hair stood straight in the air!
For those of you who didn't realize it yet...we never (well, hardly ever) eat dinner at home. Tonight we ate at Bennigan's. They are so nice at that restaurant...they give balloons away (balloons drive me crazy in the car and I'm not sure why). So Hannah gets a balloon, of course, and on the way home she begins to wave it about in the air. With my mom sitting right next to her. So she is smacking Maw Maw in the face with the balloon. So I told her to stop that. To which she responds matter of factly, "I just do it nicely. I just hit people nicely." Somehow, I think she missed the concept of nicely. Hmmm.
As promised, here is the picture of Hannah and Santa Clause. She did so good. I was impressed, she went right to him and let him pick her up. She even talked to him and told him that she wanted a baby for Christmas. Isn't she adorable?
2 things to be sure to do when you have a 2 1/2 year old...
1. Love them no matter what!!
2. Put away ALL nail polish!
That is what Hannah said tonight as we drove home with all of the windows down in the car. As she squealed in delight at the wind blowing her hair, she told it all the way home to, "dit out my hair, wind!"
She seems to be feeling a little bit better from her little cold...though not completely over it. So tomorrow is going to be somewhat busy for us. I am wanting to attempt Santa pictures and family Christmas pictures. Hopefully she will actually sit on Santa's lap this year. Last year, no dice! I guess Santa looks pretty freaky to a 1 1/2 year old and I wasn't willing to traumatize her for the sake of a silly picture with Santa! And...at Easter she would only kiss the bunny on the nose. Ditto on the freaky thing. Who knows what will happen, but I will be sure to post the picture...if we get one!! In addition to that I have got to clean house because I am having some friends over Tuesday for lunch! Aaagh!
So yesterday, after eating all of that yummy food, I decided that I would put out some Christmas decorations in the yard. Some things I observed yesterday while decorating the yard:
- Christmas lights tangle no matter how neatly you put them away the year before. The only thing that makes this matter worse is the fact that you have bragged to your husband about how neatly you put the lights away last year and you don't have the problem of non-working, tangled lights. Oops!
- It doesn't matter if you had enough stakes to line the entire yard last year...there are metal stake eating varmint in the attic.
- Texas ground is extremely dry...getting those stakes in the ground is next to impossible!
- If you have a 2 year old...you must have a babysitter (they love to "help"). Thanks, mom!
- I am not as good a Christian as I had hoped to be!!
- She gives the best, yes the best, hugs and kisses in the entire world.
- She is incredibly smart! You wouldn't believe how smart she is.
- Her curly blonde hair that finally came in at about age 2.
- When she sleeps with me...she sleeps under me!
- She likes to eat guacamole from Chipotle (she recognizes the restaurant when we drive by it and says, "I want mockamole from dat place."
- She loves to go to Target and Wal-Mart.
- She calls herself my baby.
- She says, "ya'll wanna pray," at the table before we eat.
- She runs like a girly girl!
- When her daddy pretended that he was going to leave me at Target today, she said, "don't leave my mommy!" and when he told her that it would be o.k., that they would get a new one, she said, "I don't want a new one, I lub dat one!"
Tonight on the way home from eating, Hannah was in her carseat with this toy rat (don't ask me why she has a toy rat). Well, she kept putting it's tail in her mouth and I just find that gross! So I say, "Hannah, take that out of your mouth." Which she does. But I know that as soon as I turn back around, it's going right back in! So, I decided to watch her for a minute. The entire time she was looking straight at me and I know she was thinking...watch something else, mommy (she has told me that before)! When I didn't turn around she looked at me and I swear she said, "tan I help you?"
This morning I was playing around on the computer and thought to myself..."she is awfully quiet!" This is NEVER a good sign with a two year old. So, I did what any suspecting mother would and should do if things get quiet...I went to investigate. This is what I found!
My mother will kill me for posting this picture. Sorry Mom. So we need to fold clothes...oh well! Hannah says, "I'm told, mommy!"
Hannah the Clown! For those who didn't get to see Hannah on Halloween, here she is dressed as a clown. I made her costume myself and I must say I am quite proud of how it turned out. I haven't taken any more recent pictures of her lately so this will have to do for now. I'm sure we will take some this week at Thanksgiving.
The funny thing Hannah did today...tonight we were watching America's Funniest Videos and the funniest thing happened right in our living room. For some reason Hannah has this new thing were she wants you to open your mouth so she can have a look! I'm not sure where this is coming from. So she says, "Say, Ahhhh!" and you are promptly expected to open wide while she peers in. Well, she decided as she was sitting in the recliner with Joey that she would have a look in his mouth and told him to say, "Ahhh." At this her daddy opens wide and she sneezed right in his mouth! We wished we had the video camera rolling and maybe we could have gotten it on video and in cash!!
Life with Hannah (the most adorable little girl on the face of the earth!). Don't you agree? Here she is with her daddy feeding her through a syringe at the hospital when she was first born almost 2 1/2 years ago. This happens to be one of my favorite pictures of her! When she was born she weighed in at 5 lbs. 2 oz. and was 18 3/4 inches long. Our miracle baby! After 3 1/2 years trying to conceive and a very frightening pregnancy in which I developed some serious heart complications, she was born. So here we are today...I will try to keep this blog updated complete with pictures for our family and friends. I will let yall know all of the adorable things she is doing and saying so that yall can enjoy her almost as much as we do!! In case you haven't realized...she is the most wonderful little girl on the face of the earth!! So I know everyone wants to know everything about her and everything she is doing...and of course you want pictures!!