Thursday, December 15, 2005
Hannah's Clock Gone Wrong


Well, it is 1:45 in the morning and my child just went down for the night! Or morning, which is it? Augh...something is not right here and something must be done about this schedule mishap that is occurring in our home. The child wakes up at 11:00 in the morning (yes, in the morning I consider this a blessing), takes a nap at 5:00 in the evening and wants to jump on the bed until 2:00 in the morning. Now I'm not saying I want her to go to bed at 8:00 or anything ridiculous like that, but come 10 or 10:30 I would like for her to be settling in.

She was not happy tonight when I told her that she was laying down and that was it. And what is amazing to me is that she tries every ploy to stay out of the bed (she's 2 for cryin' out loud, are they born with the power of manipulation?). She needs to go potty (potty training in session, how can I say no, you can just go in your diaper?), she is hungry (I can't tell my hungry 2 yr. old to just go to bed). Augh!!! The bad thing about this is that I have a hard time waking her up in the morning because I am so not a morning person. I love to sleep in. Granted I don't usually get to sleep until 11 AM. But I ain't gonna lie, if given the opportunity, I will. What to do??? I dunno, honestly, we will probably face the same situation tomorrow...and the next day and so on. Until kindergarten anyway. Maybe, but I don't want to even go there. Not a day I am looking forward to! It makes me sad just thinking about it! Maybe they will cancel kindergarten that year!





6 Comments:
Blogger WyldJoker had this to say:

We used to have the same problem. So we chose a bedtime, 8:00. Yes, we're one of those rediculous parents. But it's a reasonable time for us so Nicole and I can spend some time together. It was hard at first to get the routine down but when you're persistant enough it pays off. We not only had to change bedtime but we worked on meals, and nap times, too. The day goes alot smoother now with a routine schedule. ;-) If we even try to stray away from it Anna is quick to call us on it.

 

Blogger QueenBee had this to say:

awwww...these pictures are great, Shawn!

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

try Diphenhydramine. it works for me.

 

Blogger michelle had this to say:

I know what you mean about the whole resisting sleep thing. Avery will try every trick in the book when I put her to bed. She has to have a kleenex (she calls it kweenex) her water and just about 5 dolls with her. Her blankets have to be just so, and yadda yadda yadda. It is very hard...she does the whole, I am hungry, I need to go potty, I dropped my blankie, my foot hurts, woody hit me (I am thinking she is talkig about woody from buzzlight year) and so on. If you figure it out, please let me know...I am desperate for a solution.

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Kindergarten is very HARD. Just don't let her see you upset. I promise that it gets a little easier though-------still hard, at times.
Precious Hannah--------you all keep having fun and making memories!!

 

Blogger Christie had this to say:

Shawn be glad she sleeps late in the morning. I would love my morning child to sleep passed 8:00 am. She goes down around 9:30 0r 10:00pm and wakes Up at 5:30am. You can almost set a clock by her. The latest she has sleeped is 7:00am. The early morning thing wouldn't be so bad if Joe and I weren't such nightt people.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon