Monday, December 26, 2005
Milk & Cookies


Christmas Eve was wonderful. After spending a lot of the day cleaning house and wrapping gifts, our family went to church for the annual Christmas Eve service. We sang Christmas songs, heard the Real Christmas Story and had The Lord's Supper. After that we went to Joey's parents house for our traditional Christmas Eve Mexican supper and to open gifts with them. Let the present opening marathon begin. Poor Hannah wanted to play with her toys as she opened them and Joey and I knew that it was going to be a late night for us so we kind of rushed her. We had to keep telling her to hurry up and open another present.

After that we needed to pack up and head home pretty quick to assemble a wooden train table and wrap the rest of the gifts. We finally got Hannah to bed around 1:30 or 2:00 AM. Then we were up until 4:30 AM! Thank heaven for naps!!!

When we got home from Meme and Papa's house, Hannah had a bath and got dressed for bed. She is so cute in her little red night gown, her Great Maw Maw would have been proud...she loved red! Then we helped her put out cookies and milk for Santa.

After pouring the milk and putting the cookies on the plate, Hannah says, "oh, I need some tooties too" so she had a few bites of Santa's! I figured he wouldn't mind and how can I tell her that Santa likes little girls to share if he isn't willing to share his cookies with her?!?!

Have you ever read the book, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie"? Well, it is Hannah's favorite story. She will even finish the page when you read the first line to her. Well, I happen to have the entire story memorized (that happens when your child finds their favorite story) and goes like this..."If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask you for a glass of milk..." In this case...if you give Hannah a cookie, she's going to ask you for a glass of milk! Especially if it is sitting right there next to the cookies!

Not to worry though, we refilled Santa's glass and plate and he did get milk and cookies when he came to our house!

Got milk?

And that was Christmas Eve in a nutshell. We didn't get in bed until 4:30 AM. I am very tired! I am headed for bed and I will post about today...tomorrow! If that makes sense.





1 Comments:
Blogger onemotherslove had this to say:

I love reading about Hannah! I was wondering if I could link to her form ours, and I see that you have linked to us, so I guess it's OK! : ) David wasn't ready to leave milk & cookies this year... so I just ate them! I've got a special plate for next year, though! Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon