Tuesday, April 04, 2006
My Tomatoes Are Bro-wing!

Today we went and got Hannah some tomato plants. I've been wanting to grow some for her because I hear the fresh ones are the best and she absolutely LOVES tomatoes! I have no idea where she gets that from because Joey and I both find tomatoes disgusting! Anyway, we went to the plant store and asked all about them and then bought six tomato plants and one jalapeno plant. We can make fresh salsa!!! Yummy! Hannah had a great time playing in the dirt (cause I never let her!) and she even managed to get most of it in the pots. Amazing! Although one time she did say, "I dunna do dis," as she tumped one of the pots on it's side, pouring a pile of dirt out! Aaaahh! I don't know what possessed her to do that.

It was so hot and muggy here today. I wondered why on earth I decided to do this today! It didn't seem to bother Hannah though. I had intended to pot them without getting real dirty. Didn't work out so great. Dirt sticks amazingly well to sweat! After we were done and we got her cleaned up, she took a little nap and when she woke up she said, "my tomatoes are bro-wing!" I didn't see it but, she insisted they were getting bigger! She was convinced that she would have tomatoes tonight. She kept wanting to know when Mimi and Papa & Bro. Mark and Lynn were coming over to eat tomatoes with her! I guess I should have been more specific when I told her that tomatoes were going to grow on those plants! But, I do think she'll have fun watching them grow, if she doesn't get bored waiting for them to get tomatoes on them. Hopefully my thumb is green enough to actually grow them. Really though, how hard can it be? Guess we'll soon find out!





2 Comments:
Blogger WyldJoker had this to say:

This is nuts! I just got here and find I wrote about the same thing you did. lol! Wasn't meaning to copy ya. Hannah looks like a real gardener, she's a natural!

 

Blogger onemotherslove had this to say:

Here's a little tomato suggestion - yellow pear tomatoes. We grew them when I was little and I have been in love with them ever since! If you've never seen them, they are yellow, shaped like pears, and don't get very big - like the biggest I've ever seen might have been 1.5" long. Great for little pickers! The flavor is slightly different from red tomatoes, but I can't explain how it's different. And you are right, home-grown tomatoes are the best tasting tomatoes in the world! They taste better at room temperature, sometimes a little salt will enhance the flavor. mmmm... Can't wait for mine to grow!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon