Friday, April 14, 2006
We Have Jalapeños And Other Creepy Things!

This morning I went out to water the tomato plants and the jalapeño plant and I noticed that one of the blooms on the jalapeño plant was brown and wilted but, it had this funny looking thing sticking out of it! That funny looking thing was a jalapeño! Then later I saw another and another and another. We have four jalapeños!!! I can't believe it! They are tiny and most definitely not ready to eat but, they are there! Tell me...just how do you know when a jalapeño is ripe? Right now it is the same color as every other jalapeño I have ever seen! Hannah was so excited when she heard that we had a jalapeño on her plant. She has no idea what it is but, she is thrilled about it! She also knows that she should NOT touch that plant. "It's hot," she says!


Then tonight we went out to show Maw Maw the jalapeño and as we are all standing around the plant out slithers a little snake from the crack in the cement! I jerked Hannah up so fast that she came right out of the shoes that she was wearing! Granted they were my house shoes (she loves our shoes and is always wearing them around the house) but, it looked like the rapture of Hannah! That thing scared the daylights out of me! I have no idea what kind of snake it was but, it is a dead one in our trash can now! Now I'm kind of scared to go out there. After that we went to dinner and I let Hannah crawl over to her carseat and I buckled her in from inside the car. There was no way on earth that I was going to stand in the grass to buckle her carseat while the mama, brothers and sisters of the snake that we had just killed crawled up my leg! No way! I've got the creeps just thinking about it!





2 Comments:
Blogger WyldJoker had this to say:

lol! you are too funny shawn!! I'd watch out for those snake's relatives... they know where you live.... hahah.. congrats on the jalaps...

 

Blogger onemotherslove had this to say:

You can leave the peppers on the plant until they turn red if you want. They will have a sweeter flavor when they turn red, but I don't know if they're any less hot. Or pick them when you like what size they are & make salsa!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon