Thursday, August 24, 2006
Daddy/Daughter Day!

On Tuesday Joey and Hannah spent some time together while I went to a Bible study. When we got up that morning Joey and Hannah were discussing what they should do on their day together and came up with a plan to go to the mall. Well, I met them shortly after the Bible study, but decided that I was sick of my hair and wanted it cut. Which left Hannah and daddy to fend for themselves for an hour or so. At the mall we went to they have opened a new children's museum and they were headed that direction, but when they got there they learned that the museum would be closing in 30 minutes and it took about an hour and a half to make it through there. Hannah of course was heart broken so what's a dad to do? He took her to Libby Lu's. Have you ever been there?? When I found them I saw a young teenaged girl (that worked there) taking Hannah's ponytail out of her hair and I nearly had a fit. Now mind you I know that Joey is smart enough not to get her hair cut or anything bizarre like that especially without asking me first. Plus...they don't cut hair there and I knew that. And...he likes her hair like it is so I knew he wouldn't do anything permanent. But still for some reason it bothered me that they were messing up her hair. I don't know why...just call me weird. Well, long story short...they put odd stuff in her hair (that kind of looked like something that might crawl away when I took it out of her hair and put it on the bathroom counter) then they put make-up (heaven help me!) on her and did the chicken dance with her! That was strange! Apparently Club Libby Lu is a craze among elementary school aged girls because my mother in law knew exactly where we had gone...her 1st grade students talk about going there all the time! I don't know if I'm ready for this! It was embarrassing walking back through the mall with my 3 year old looking like this...





2 Comments:
Blogger Princess Rene had this to say:

Oh that is so funny! I love going to the mall and seeing a trail of girls leaving with all that pink hair. Now, the glitter is amazing. I, for one, plan to have that nice glitter mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with my ashes after I'm cremated. I'll have little goody bags of me passed out to everyone and you can take me to your favorite spot and let me go or you can keep me forever.. I'll probably even look nice dusted on your cheeks a little here and there.. Wait.. that might be going a bit far. ;-) But anyway, she is adorable! I think I'm going to get my hair did like that!

 

Blogger shawnthegreat had this to say:

Rene,

You are a strange one! And that is why you are my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon