Tuesday, October 17, 2006
The Nini And The Flu Shot

So for a little over a month now we've been doing this nini thing where Hannah can only have the nini when she is in bed. I've been trying to come up with a clever way to do away with it for good without it being too terribly traumatic for her (and me). So the other day we were in the car and Hannah asked for her nini and I said no, that she wasn't in the bed so she couldn't have it then. I mentioned to Hannah that a lady at our church is going to have a baby. Detailed below is the conversation that ensued.

Hannah: Tan I hab my nini?
Me: No, you aren't in the bed and you can't have it unless you are in the bed.
Hannah: But, I want my nini now.
Me: Did you know that Miss Jamie is going to have a baby soon and she is going to need a nini? Would you like to give her your nini's for her new baby?
Hannah: (with disgust) No, she tan buy her own nini's at de store!!! 'Tause I want MY nini's.

Well, that was the end of that idea.

Today I decided that I was going to try and find somewhere to get a flu shot. I had hoped to get one for Hannah too, but was unsuccessful. I did manage to get one for myself at CVS though. Normally when we take Hannah to the doctor, she isn't bothered too much by the idea of a shot. She normally doesn't even cry when she gets them. Different story today! When she heard me ask on the phone about flu shots, she said, "I don't want a shot!" And she cried. I guess we are headed into the stage were she remembers that shots really do hurt sometimes. Fun times!! It was her lucky day though because CVS doesn't give them until they are 9 none of her doctors have a supply yet. So she was spared for the time being. Maybe I'll let her have the nini when she gets the shot.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon