Monday, November 20, 2006
Adventures In Daddyhood!!

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE staying home with Hannah? Well, I do. I am thrilled that I don't have to work and am able to spend everyday with her. I love the fact that I get to watch her grow and teach her things. I am happy that someone else isn't doing that while I go to work. I LOVE staying home with Hannah. And after Joey's adventures the other day, I think he is just as thrilled as I am that I am available to stay with Hannah and that responsibility isn't left to him very often.

The other night I stayed up until 8:30 in the morning working on a video for a friend...not because I had to, but because I wanted to. It was quiet and I didn't have to get up every five minutes and take Hannah to the potty or fix her a drink or whatever! I was able to get a lot accomplished on my project. But...staying up until 8:30 AM didn't make for the best situation the next day when I was dog tired, in desperate need of a little shut eye and Hannah was rip rarin' and ready to go! So at 8:30 AM I went to bed...and I slept until 3:00 PM! What did I do with Hannah? I hadn't planned on staying up all night so I hadn't arranged for a babysitter (both grandmas were at work anyway). She doesn't go to mother's day out or daycare so that option was out, but she had to be supervised while I slept. That's where Joey came in handy that day. My dear husband graciously watched Hannah while I got a little rest. Now Hannah doesn't normally get up until 10:30 or so, so he only had to watch her for about 4 1/2 hours. In that four and a half hours the man managed to burn macaroni & cheese, completely melt my deep fryer (to the point of having to throw the entire thing away) and burn his fingers. The mac & cheese isn't completely his fault though, as Hannah insisted that she should pour it into the water herself and missed the pot entirely. So after that he moved the pot to the other side of the stove and turned on the wrong burner...the one that my fryer was on top of, thus melting the fryer. Then as he was throwing the fryer away he burned his fingers on the hot, melted plastic. All in attempt to make Hannah some macaroni & cheese without disturbing me! And I loved that little fryer as my hips and thighs will attest, but I couldn't possibly be mad at him. After all he just wanted me to be able to get some rest!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon