Friday, October 26, 2007
What I've Been Doing The Last Few Days!

Well, it's been a busy week or so. My family came to town last weekend and I have some pictures to post of that, but I'll post them later. I finally got Hannah's home school stuff ordered and got it in. So I've been looking over that stuff to get ready. I know it's late for starting school, but keep in mind that we moved when most were starting. I also got her a desk. I looked at all the furniture stores and Target and Walmart, but couldn't find what I was really wanting so I went into a few antique shops this week and found the type of desk that I wanted. The only thing was that it was solid black. But I figured I could refinish it without any problem. So we bought it and brought it home and I set about the daunting task of removing 3 layers of paint. First black, then a creamy white color and lastly green!!! Green that was deep in the grain...so deep that some of it is still there!! But...I did manage to get enough of it off that I was able to just stain and finish it rather than having to paint it. It's not so bad without the bright flash of the camera. I think Hannah would have preferred purple or pink, but I was thinking long term and didn't want to have to redo the desk when she grew out of pink and purple!! Now all we have to do is find a chair that she can sit in and we will officially be able to start her K4 school work! Hopefully by the middle of next week we will start. That's my goal anyway. Other than that we haven't been up to much. Mimi and Papa will be here this weekend and then next weekend we have some friends coming in. Good incentives for keeping my house clean!!!

Here are a couple more pictures of the desk. I feel so accomplished!!! I may change my screen name to furniture refinisher extraordinaire!! In case you were wondering...I'm really proud of Hannah's desk!!!






1 Comments:
Blogger C. R. Morris had this to say:

That is beautiful! You should be proud! WOW! I am so glad that paint is off of it. I hate painted wood! You should have posted some before pics too... if you don't have any, paint it black again and take a pic.. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon