Sunday, November 25, 2007
"What's a trula?"

A few weeks ago I bought Hannah a new video about a green bear named Boz. And if you have preschoolers, I highly recommend these videos. They are great. Hannah loves them. The first one that I got her is the Christmas one and I actually happened on them really by accident. We were in Family Christian Stores and they had the Christmas one playing on a t.v. in the children's section. Hannah was enthralled with it while we were in the store. This was fine while I was looking around in the children's department, but created a bit of a problem when I was ready to leave the children's department before the movie was over. And I know I'm a terrible parent for this, but I told her that I would buy it for her if she would come right then. So she agreed and I'm glad we got the video. We have since gone back and bought more...actually the rest...some of which I've put up for Christmas presents for her. So what does this have to do with a "trula"? On the Christmas video Boz sings the song The 12 Days of Christmas. As I'm sure you recall the song says, "my true love gave to me..." So Hannah was singing last night and this is how the song and the conversation that followed went:

Hannah: On the 1st day of Christmas my trula gave to me, 69 gooooolllllddddeeeeeeennnn rrrrriiiiinnnngggsss. On the 3rd day of Chirstmas my trula gave to me...mommy, what is a trula?
Me: It's true love not trula.
Hannah: Oh, where is your true love?
Me: He's across the street at the church getting ready for tomorrow mornings church service.
Hannah: Oh, where is daddy's trula? (reverting back to what she was familiar with I guess)
Me: She's right here, I'm daddy's TRUE LOVE.
Hannah: Oh, I don't know where my trula is, he's somewhere out there and I'm just waiting for him to grow up.

I couldn't help but laugh as I told her that it might take a while...a long long while!!!





4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

In a word - precious! ~cas

 

Blogger WyldJoker had this to say:

lol. previous commenter stole my word exactly.. precious!

:-)

 

Blogger C. R. Morris had this to say:

I'll probably get swatted on the nose for saying this, but I wonder just how many women say that a day. Hee hee... "waiting on him to grow up!" That was a sweet conversation. Love it! LOL

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

How wonderful!!!! Lynne

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon