Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Muffin Tin Monday!

I know it's not Monday anymore, but just roll with me here. So a couple of weeks ago I got an idea from David & Elizabeth's mom. She got the idea from somewhere else (and since I'm feeling lazy tonight, you can follow her links to the original Muffin Tin Monday person). I tried doing a muffin tin on Hannah's birthday. It's really quick and easy and since we were busy that day, I gave it a shot with hotdogs and other things...don't remember exactly what. While I loved it, Hannah was not so impressed.

Last night Hannah didn't eat hardly anything on her plate. When we went to bed (actually about the time I dozed off) she said, "Mommy, I'm hungry!" So tonight I thought I'd give the whole muffin tin thing a shot again. Plus we sat down before dinner and had a talkin' to about why we were all going to eat all of our dinner tonight.

This is a reproduction of it because I didn't think to take a picture before. And don't worry, I actually cooked her pasta before I put it in her tin.

Unbelievably, Hannah ate every bite of what was put in front of her tonight. The peas and pasta were the last to go and she was about to skip them until daddy had the bright idea of using the toothpicks from the lunch meat roll to pick up about 6 peas at a time. Then she did the same thing with the pasta. And she ate all of it. After that she even ate two things of yogurt. Here's to happy dozing tonight!!





3 Comments:
Blogger Victoria had this to say:

The meals in a muffin tin are a great idea - my daughter will not eat and this may be a way for her to at least consider trying some foods - it may seem more like playing.

 

Blogger onemotherslove had this to say:

I wonder if David would eat peas that way? That's a great idea! Beautiful assortment! Great job, Mom! I can't believe how big she's getting!!!

 

Blogger w had this to say:

what a wonderful idea. i must try it tomorrow night with my toddler. thanks!

note to self: use the 6 cup regular muffin tin and not the 24 cup mini muffin tin.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Hannah Daze


The funny...and maybe not so funny things Hannah does!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the stay at home mommy of Hannah. In addition to taking care of her, I take care of her daddy. Joey, my husband is the pastor at our church and that means that I have to be on my best behavior most of the time!! Actually I'm probably not, but I do try so so hard! Especially at church, but that's only because I'm usually sitting on the front pew!

Mom Blogs

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Web Counter
Macys Coupon